Goldbach's Conjecture
In college I amused my friends by claiming that I understood how Goldbach's Conjecture worked ("Every even number greater than 2 can be written as the sum of two primes.") I made a probabilistic argument that the likelihood that there were not 2 prime numbers representing an even number was low and decreasing the larger the number.
I went to write up this wacky idea and read the Wikipedia entry which to my great joy goes through exactly this argument as the "Heuristic justification." Saved me some typing.
The entry also somewhat disingenuously but accurately labels me as a "pseudomathematician." My previous post must also qualify me as a pseudophysicist. Not yet apparent in my blog is that I am also a pseudogeneticist and a pseudoneuroscientist.
I went to write up this wacky idea and read the Wikipedia entry which to my great joy goes through exactly this argument as the "Heuristic justification." Saved me some typing.
The entry also somewhat disingenuously but accurately labels me as a "pseudomathematician." My previous post must also qualify me as a pseudophysicist. Not yet apparent in my blog is that I am also a pseudogeneticist and a pseudoneuroscientist.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home