Live Action Super Mario
I had trouble sleeping last night. In my half-dream state, I realized that learning to fly RC helicopters was pretty similar to learning to play Mario Sunshine. Need to train your eye/hand coordination.
That led me to think about pulling the 3D Mario character out of the GameCube and into the real world. Imagine a live-action remote-controlled Mario that could run around and jump. You could use lego-like blocks to build your own 3D worlds.
This is crazy, but doable in a few years. Already remote controlled dogs and pets exist. Putting computer chips in both the transmitter and the vehicle is becoming more common.
As I thought about this more, I realized that over time Mario could become far more sophisticated so that instead of just controlling direction and jumping, Mario could run around and do things more automatically. As Mario becomes smarter, eventually the line blurs between a remote-control toy and an autonomous robot.
Then Chucky came to mind and I came out of my half-awake state.

(Photo courtesy of qster.com )
That led me to think about pulling the 3D Mario character out of the GameCube and into the real world. Imagine a live-action remote-controlled Mario that could run around and jump. You could use lego-like blocks to build your own 3D worlds.
This is crazy, but doable in a few years. Already remote controlled dogs and pets exist. Putting computer chips in both the transmitter and the vehicle is becoming more common.
As I thought about this more, I realized that over time Mario could become far more sophisticated so that instead of just controlling direction and jumping, Mario could run around and do things more automatically. As Mario becomes smarter, eventually the line blurs between a remote-control toy and an autonomous robot.
Then Chucky came to mind and I came out of my half-awake state.

(Photo courtesy of qster.com )

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home